Fast, precise and controlled topical skin closure.
LiquiBand® Optima Topical Skin Adhesive has a unique, winged applicator to facilitate safe and easy activation, along with accuracy and control.
Perfectly suited for use in Emergency Departments
- Designed for closure of clean, fresh wounds where the edges are easily apposed and not under tension.
- Contains a sterile blend of 90% butyl and 10% octyl cyanoacrylate.
- Suitable for the closure of acute wounds including scalp, chin, and facial lacerations.3
- Acts as a water resistant barrier.4 Pre assembled with an integrated flow control precision tip.
1 Unique applicator
- Winged applicator allows easy and safe priming application
- Visidome enables clinician to see how much skin adhesive is available
2 Precision control applicator tip
- Safe, effective and rapid wound closure for scalp lacerations
- Precision control tip ideal for areas of dense hair growth
Improved patient safety
- Delivers safe, fast closure
- Offers excellent post-operative cosmesis
- Provides low exothermic reaction
Fast and precise
- Strong and secure wound closure
- Quick 10-second dry time1
- Controlled placement of adhesive
- While holding upright, squeeze the applicator wings until a cracking sound is heard
- Invert the tip and gently squeeze wings to prime
- When the tip fills with adhesive LiquiBand® Optima is ready to use
- Ensure that wound is thoroughly clean and dry prior to closure
- While holding the wound edges together, apply an even coat of LiquiBand® Optima over the length of the wound
- Continue to hold the wound edges together for 30 seconds
NOTE: If being used in areas of dense natural hair, take care when applying as hair follicle damage may occur if over applied. If using on the eye area, adjust the patient’s position. Use petroleum jelly to create a barrier close to the wound, and use surgical gauze to protect the patient’s eyes.
Sizes & Codes
|Product||Product Code||NHS SC Code||Volume per Each||Each per Box|
|LiquiBand® Optima||OPT 001||FVF 0009||0.5g||10|
1. Data on file at Advanced Medical Solutions (Plymouth) Ltd.
© 2016. LiquiBand is a registered trademark of Advanced Medical Solutions (Plymouth) Ltd.
Our Product Range
Our Product Range